Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Well Done, My Faithful Servant!

Our Faith Girls & sponsors had a meeting last night at our church! Their project was to organize the Awana games, shoebox ministry items, master's business ministry items, & pantry items! They were to learn from this orderliness. Their theme was,"Orderliness is preparing myself and my surroundings so I will achieve the greatest achievement." In God's Word it tells us,"Let all things be done decently and in order." I Cor. 14:40(Orderliness!) I am the church secretary at Faith and I had walked past the pantry and saw how neat and organized it was and then I went to the Fellowship Hall to prepare some things for Awana tonight, and I looked in the room with the other things the Faith Girls had organized! I was blown away! Amazed! God whispered to me and reminded me of our theme verse in Awana for this month, I John 3;18, "Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth." Claiming to love is not enough. Love is not sentiment, but deeds! The Faith Girls and sponsors demonstrated their love for God in their deeds, their project, of learning orderliness! God tells us in His Word in I Cor. 14:33a, "for God is not a God of confusion but of peace..." Have you got disorder in your life and need it straightened out, Come to Jesus, He can press out all your problems and organize your life! "Casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you." I Peter 5:7.
In Matthew 25:14-30 is the parable of the talents illustrating the tragedy of wasted opportunity. The man who goes on the journey represents Christ, and the slaves represent professing believers given different levels of responsibility. Faithfulness is what he demands of them, but the parable suggests that all who are faithful will be fruitful to some degree. The fruitless person is unmasked as a hypocrite and utterly destroyed. As Christians we need not have "wasted opportunities," the time is now to tell others about the love of Jesus!
Faith Girls & Sponsors you did a job well done! You conveyed the orderliness of God in organizing all the different ministry items! Thanks to Faithful Faith Girls & Sponsors! Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment