Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Psalm 121

Isn't it wonderful to know that God is our helper, our keeper, our protector, and our preserver! In Psalm 121 this song gives us a strong note of this assurance in all four stages!

A. God as my Helper in verses 1-2.
"I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; From where shall my help come? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth.

B. God as my Keeper in verses 3 &4 & 5a
"He will not allow your foot to slip; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel, Will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper;

C. God as my Protector in verses 5b & 6 & 7a
"The Lord is your shade on your right hand. The sun will not smite you by day, Nor the moon by night. The Lord will protect you from all evil;"

D. God as my Preserver in verses 7b & 8.
"He will keep your soul. The Lord will guard your going out and your coming in, From this time forth and forever.

Praise to the Lord! We extend our "right hand" in our time of need, the Father is always there!
So wonderful to know that we have "around the clock protection" with the Lord!

Isn't it reassuring for believers to know that God is our help & protection! Our Keeper & Our Preserver!

No comments:

Post a Comment