Thursday, March 11, 2010

"God is in control"

So many times in our lives different things happen to us!! This last Saturday my husband's precious older brother had an aneurysm to burst from his stomach to his heart. He did not make it thru the surgery. This is the 4th. death in our family in the last 4 months. This made a total of 10 deaths in our family in the last 15 months!! It gets hard to understand sometimes!! But, I thank God that each one of the ones we loss were saved and it was truly a "celebration of their life" at their funeral services!! The one thing that has held, is holding, and will hold us all together is our Lord!! He is the "glue" that holds everything together!!! I am nothing without the Lord! I thank Him for his mercy, his grace, his loving kindness!!
Things can overwhelm us!!! Trust Him, Lean on Him!! Acknowledge Him, & Heed His direction!!!
Scriptures to remember when you get stressed:
1 Peter 5:7- "Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you."

Proverbs 3:5 & 6 -"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and He will make your paths straight."

Psalm 46:1-2-"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea.

Psalm 4:8-"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."

Psalm 121:7-8-"The Lord will keep you from all harm---He will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

Deuteronomy 33:12- "Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in Him, for He shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between His shoulders.

Psalm 18:2- "The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

John 16:33-"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Romans 8:37-39-"we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, not anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Things in this world come and shake us!!! But, THANK GOODNESS, GOD IS IN CONTROL!!!
Our solid Rock!!! Never Changing!! Thank Him for His Presence, His Power, His Provision, and His Protection!!! Thank goodness He is taking care of everything!!!
Rest with the Lord, precious brother-in-law, Mark!! How we loved you!!!

1 comment:

  1. Beverly.... I had no idea you had lost so many family members. My heart hurts for you. But I know that our Lord is holding your family close. He loves you. I love you too.

    ReplyDelete