Friday, March 12, 2010

"Are Your Ears Plugged Up?"

A few years ago I took my Father-in-law to the doctor for a check up. He had to have his ears cleaned, also. They were plugged up!!
As Christians we may sometimes feel like we are so tuned out to Jesus! Do you get so involved in things in your own little world that you are not praying, reading your Bible, meditating on the Word, and listening to God?
We can hear from God in so many different ways. Thru other people, places, or things! Different circumstances in our lives can speak to us! Be sensitive to the Holy Spirit's leading and listen and learn and apply what God may be wanting to teach you. Our stability is in Christ. We can fall away from the fellowship with Christ. But, He is ever faithful and always there to forgive us, heal us, restore us, whatever the need! (Psalm 18:2)
One of my grandsons made a comment several years ago that I have never forgotten. He was only 5 years old at the time. He said, "Everything will be okay!" Oh, for the faith of a child! Those 4 little words were just what I needed at that time. It brought to my mind this verse, Proverbs 3:5 &6-"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight."
Oh, for the joy in knowing that every day with Jesus is sweeter than the day before!! Faith truly is Fantastic Adventures in Trusting Him!! Unplug your ears and plug into the Holy Spirit!
Every one of us is fearfully and wonderfully made, unique, God's creation, Seek God's Guidance in finding your spiritual gifts and apply them, Step out for Jesus and be a great witness for Him!!!
Lord, I pray that , "Whatever ye do, whether you eat or drink, do all for the glory of God." I Cor. 10:31

Lord, let me hear the things I should hear with spiritual ears, see the things I should with spiritual eyes, guide my words, and shut my mouth when I need to listen!!!
May the words of my mouth be true, necessary, & kind!!
Praise God from whom all blessing flow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment