Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"Falling Before the Lord"

Last night I went to the church to meet with some church members who were going to revival in Maud. Everyone was loaded in the van waiting for me. As I was getting in the van, they mentioned, there was a stool, which I could step on to get into the van, I said I didn't need it!! I stepped up, and all of a sudden I was falling flat out on the ground!!! Everyone was caring for me!!! Thank God I am alright!! Just a few bruises and a few aches and pains!!!
Just as I didn't heed to the advice to use the stool to help me, so many times in our lives we do not listen or heed God's advice!!! Our troubles can sometimes be the chastisement and the consequence of our transgressions. In Psalm 38:17 it says, "For I am ready to fall, And my sorrow is continually before me." This is a Psalm of David, the Prayer of a Suffering Penitent, and his troubles were the chastisement and the consequence of his transgressions!!
If we are truly penitent for sin, that will make us patient under affliction!! The Lord will hasten to help those who trust in Him as their salvation. "Wait upon the Lord!" The true believer's trouble will be made useful! Isaih 40:31: "Yet those who wait for the Lord, Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary."
Father, I fall upon my face thanking you for your grace that saved a sinner like me!!! I thank you also, that my fall from the van was not serious!!! Praise the Lord!!

1 comment:

  1. Girl! I'm glad you weren't hurt. And what a great analogy... fall before the Lord.

    ReplyDelete