Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sunday Mornings


Sunday mornings are no small thing at our house. There is an electricity that runs through everything - an excitement about going into the House of the Lord. An anxiousness to get there and get into class. Last night as my oldest son blessed the food one of his comments was "and thank you God for giving us Sunday so we can come see you and worship you in song..." WOW! My mind stood still, my heart listened and I thought - have I become too familiar with God at times to realize how awesome it is that I get to go to the House of the Lord, that God has invited me to come and worship? Do I get in a routine of worship and forget the sheer awesomeness of God, of presenting myself to him, the privilage of his friendship to me. I challenge you to ask yourself the same question. Has the business of life run over into our Sabbath. My prayer is that I never let the Sabbath become just another day, but as my children I look forward to the greatness of the day that has been set aside to enjoy the fullness of God with the fellowship of the saints. Be blessed sisters in your family -- both spiritual and physical. Take time on Sunday to delight in the prescence of Father God!
(the above picture is Rachel and Justin a few weeks back)

No comments:

Post a Comment