Friday, February 26, 2010

"Melba"-(Eulogy I gave on Feb. 25, 2010 at her funeral)

I would like to share some thoughts on Melba today! She was a Mother, Wife-(Blessed with 2 wonderful husbands), Grandmother, Friends & Above all a Christian!)
When Melody & Debbie (granddaughter & daughter-in-law of Melba's) came to make some arrangements for funeral service on Monday at the church, they ask me if someone would stand at the service and say some things about Melba. I assured them that someone would! I had no idea that it would be me! Sometimes God puts that "burning bush", so to speak, in front of you, to make you be still, sit, & listen to Him!
I have known Melba for over 30 years. She was and I am both a charter member of this church. I was blessed with many experiences in my life with Melba and I am so thankful that God gave me these things to share about her, and 3 different things kept coming to my mind!
(1.) Her long life! -She was 91 years old. She was blessed with a long life and we were blessed to have known her. She loved to tell of times when she was growing up. Experiences she had had.
(2.) Her Faith!-She loved the Lord! Her faith was truly an adventure with the Lord. She had that walk with the Lord. Before this church was formed, she & her 1st. husband opened their home for a small group to meet and worship in. She was generous with financial help of this church.
(3.) "She Loved"-She loved her crossword books, quilting, crocheting, playing dominoes, canning, gardening, her flower beds, her family, her church, talking lovingly of her grand kids, her church friends to call & visit her, but, most of all she loved the Lord!

Her favorite Bible verse was Matt. 6:33-"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."

The Lord blessed us all with having known Melba!!!

She loved and was loved!!!



( I believe God places in the path of His people certain messages, instructions, or encouragement to equip us to His will!!!) Thank you Lord for letting me sit still & listen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment