Wednesday, December 8, 2010

"A Parent's Prayer"

I can give you life, But I cannot live for you.
I can teach you things, But I cannot make you learn.
I can give you directions, But I can't always be there to lead you.
I can allow you freedom, But I cannot account for it.
I can take you to church, But I cannot make you believe.
I can teach you right from wrong, But I can't always decide for you.
I can buy you beautiful clothes, But I cannot make you lovely inside.
I can offer you advice, But I can't accept it for you.
I can give you love, But I can't force it upon you.'
I can teach you to share, But I cannot make you unselfish.
I can teach you respect, But I can't force you to show honor.
I can advise you about sex, But I can't keep you pure.
I can tell you about the facts of life, But I cannot build your reputation.
I can tell you about drinking, But I can't say no for you.
I can warn you about drugs, But I cannot prevent you from using them.
I can tell you about lofty goals, But I can't achieve them for you.
I can warn you about sin, But I cannot make your morals.
I can love you as a child, But I cannot place you in God's family.
I can teach you about Jesus, But I cannot make Jesus your Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Praise the LOrd. It is a wonderful prayer for their beloved children.

    ReplyDelete