Wednesday, December 8, 2010

"The Goodness of God"

"The reason we breathe, to sing of His Glory!" When I think of all the many things that the Lord has done for me, I stand in awe of Him! He gave His Son for me and you!John 3:16, "For God so loved the world , that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." The Goodness of God!
It is so comforting to know that God has the best plan for each of us! Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." His goodness passes before us! In Exodus 33:19, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the Lord before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious , and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion." What a gracious and compassionate Lord! Isn't it exciting to expect ongoing opportunities of intimate fellowship with the Lord! In Psalm 23:6, "Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever!" God is PERFECTLY GOOD! He does good things for us! In Psalm 31:19, "How great is Your goodness, Which you have stored up for those who take refuge in You, Before the sons of men!" One of the fruits of the spirit is goodness! Believers are commanded to exemplify goodness, (Gal. 6:10-"So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of faith" and in 2 Thessalonians 1:11, "To this end also we pray for you always, that our God will count you worthy of your calling, and fulfill every desire for goodness and the work of faith with power." Our every desire should be for goodness! There are many thing in life that you value, but the most important thing of value is your relationship with God! Cherish it, draw near, seek Him, Listen closely ( hear), receive, and apply the "goodness" in your life! I thank God for His Goodness! God is good all the time.....................!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment