Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"My Safe Place"

Oh, how each of us want to feel safe & secure!! When things in this world shake our world, the very things around us, how we tremble!!! But, oh how reassuring to know that we have that safe place, that safe haven, that refuge, that fortress to go to!! That shelter to comfort us, protect us, guide us, love us, and give us the encouragement we need!!! The Lord Jesus Christ, my safe place, blesses me each day with a new word!! He refreshes me!!! He draws me close!!! Lord, teach me more of your ways, show me the things I need to do and need to learn!!! Just as a toddler feels safe in their mother's arms, I am totally safe and secure in my Heavenly Father's arms!!! He knows the best plans for me and for you!!!
Scriptures:
Proverbs 18:10-"The name of the Lord is a strong tower; The righteous run into it and is safe."
Psalm 107:30-Then they were glad because they were quiet, So "He" guided them to their desired haven."
Psalm 46:1-"God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble."
Psalm 118: 8-" It is better to take refuge in the Lord, Than to trust in man."
2 Samuel 22:3-"My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge; My savior, You save me from violence."
Psalm 18:2-"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."
Psalm 91:2-"I will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress, My God in whom I trust!"
2 Cor. 1:3-"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort."
2 Thess. 3:3- "But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one."
John 16:13-"But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever he hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come."
Psalm 23:3-"He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
John 15:10-"If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love."
Romans 5:8-"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 15:5-"Now may the God who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus."
Hebrews 6:18-"So that by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have taken refuge would have strong encouragement to take hold of the hope set before us."
Psalm 25:4 &5- "Make me know your ways, O Lord; Teach me your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For you are the God of my salvation; For You I wait all the day."
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity, to give you a future and a hope."

"These promises from God's Word give me hope!!! Jesus, My Savior, My True & Faithful Friend, You are my SAFE PLACE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment