Monday, August 8, 2011

"Our Awesome God!"

So many times in our lives we say this or that is awesome! My 5 year old grandson thinks Captain America, Super Heroes, and grilled cheese sandwiches are AWESOME! V.B.S. was awesome this last week! My grandchildren said being with their cousins is Awesome and their Great-grandmommy is awesome! All these things or people can truly be awesome in our eyes, but the "Most Awesome" is our God Almighty!
The definition of awesome is great or excellent. We truly serve a great God and an excellent God!! An Awesome God!! In Isaiah 40:28 it says, "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Everlasting God; the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, Does not become weary or tired. His understanding is unscrutable."God is not weak, never fatigued, never fails us, the Ancient of Days is all-sufficient!! Isn't that Awesome!!! He is Awesome!
Our God is a Holy God. (Isaiah 6:1-6)
Our God is a Trinity. (Deut. 6:4 and Matt. 28:19-20)
Our God is always at work in your life. (John 5:17 & Romans 8:28)

What are we to do? Like Isaiah we should fall on our knees!!!(Isaiah 45:23)

We are to worship, trust, & obey.
"Great is the Lord, and highly to be praised,
And His greatness is unsearchable." Psalm 145:3

"In God I have put my trust..." Psalm 56:11

"But whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected." I John 2:5

We are to love.

"If you keep my commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in His love." John 15:10

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another." John 13:34

We are to be holy.

"because it is written, You shall be Holy, for I am Holy." I Peter 1:16

We are to Proclaim Christ.

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek." Romans 1:16

As the song says....
"Our God is an Awesome God,
He reigns from heaven above,
With wisdom, power, & love,
Our God is an AWESOME GOD!!!"

We truly serve a Great, Excellent, and Awesome God!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment