Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"Waiting"

How many of us like to wait? We wait in lines, we wait at doctor's appointments, we wait for many things!

Scriptures on waiting:

Psalm 27:14-"Wait for the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord."

Psalm 130:5-"I wait for the Lord, my soul does wait, And in His word do I hope."

Isaiah 40:31-"Yet those who wait for the Lord, Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles,, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary."

Patient, Praying believers are blessed by God with strength in their trials. God's Word cannot fail, it gives us hope! We should wait with eager and patient anticipation of the Lord!

When you wait on the Lord, you gain wisdom, you give adoration to Him, you gain inspiration from Him, and you give thanksgiving for all your many blessings!

W (isdom)
A (doration)
I (nspiration)
T (hanksgiving)

The next time you or I are waiting in a long line or for doctor's results or any other long wait, we should reflect on this verse from Psalm 25:5: "Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For you are the God of my salvation; For you I wait all day."

O Lord, teach me to Understand the things I need to understand, and to wait upon you, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment