Tuesday, March 20, 2012

"Seeking God's Direction!"

So many times in our lives we seek direction for one thing or another! We need directions to another town, directions on a recipe, directions on how to put something together, directions to a doctor's or dentist office, and many other things that we seek directions for!
The greatest book, the Bible, our road map, our compass, is the best thing we can go to get our direction! Seek God in Prayer and Meditation for whatever you face in life and read the Word of God! Claim His Promise's!
Scriptures on Seeking and Direction:
1."The mind of man plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps." Proverbs 16:9
(Our Sovereign God overrules the plans of men to fulfill His purposes.-See Gen. 5:20, I Kings 12:15, Ps. 119:133, Jeremiah 10:23, Daniel 5:23-30, and I Cor. 3:19, 20)
2."Listen, my son, and be wise, And direct your heart in the way." Proverbs 23:19
(The way of wisdom is the only right way.) (See Proverbs 4:10, 11)
3. "I know, O Lord, that a man's way is not in himself, Nor is it in a man who walks to direct his steps." Jeremiah 10:23 (Man is incapable of guiding his own life adequately. (Reference to Proverbs 3:5 & 6, and Proverbs 16:9 above)
4. "But from there you will seek the Lord your God, and you will find Him if you search for Him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 4:29
5. "And My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14
6. "I love those who love me' And those who diligently seek me will find me." Proverbs 8:17 (Wisdom's love for the one who receives it is proven by the benefits mentioned in Proverbs 8:18-21)
7. "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." Matthew 6:33
8. :Ask, and it will be given to you, seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7
9. "Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God." Col. 3:1
Remember in whatever you are seeking and needing direction in to go to God and His Word!! He should be the "Pilot, not the co-pilot " of our lives!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment