Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Morning Outing with Grandkids!

My husband and I took our 4 grandsons to see"The Tale of Despereax" this morning at 10:00 at the show. We all had a good time, they ate their skittles, and drank their capri sun apple juices, and we all watched this show about a little mouse who was different (set apart), courageous, brave, noble, and tried to learn and listen, and see the beauty in everything.
As Christians, we are to be different, to be courageous, to grow ( learn) and to (listen) to the Lord. We are to be set apart. "But know that the Lord has set apart the godly man for Himself; The Lord hears when I call to Him.Psalm 4:3. We are to have courage, "Be strong and courageous!" Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9. We are to be noble, "Listen, for I will speak noble things; And the opening of my lips will reveal right things. (The virtues of wisdom are summarized in all that is noble, right, true, and righteous.) Sanctification (to be growing (learning) in the Lord daily), "but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ." 2 Peter 3:18. We are to listen, "When you are in distress and all these things have come upon you, in the latter days you will return to the Lord, your God and listen to His voice." Deut. 4:30. See the beauty of the Lord!! "One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord, And to meditate in His temple." Psalm 27:4.
The rats in the show lived in ratworld in the darkness, and were mean and cruel.
As Christians we are to shine God's light and be loving and caring. "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden." Matthew 5:14 (A godly life gives convincing testimony of the saving power of God. That brings God glory.) "But You, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abundant in lovingkindness and truth." Psalm 86:15. (God is loving, merciful, caring, and kind to us, so should we be to others.)

Father, I pray that just as Despereax, the mouse, was courageous, noble, brave, and set apart, that I might have these standards and be a Strong Christian for You and let my light shine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment